Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Recreating Vintage Jewelry in something new


When I was little girl, one of my favorite things to do when I visited my grandma was to look through her jewelry box. I loved the sparkles of rhinestones and gems, smooth creamy pearls, texture of chains, rings and stunning brooches...I dreamed of the day I would be old enough to wear them.

Well as we know many styles come and go. Jewelry changes with the styles. So what can you do with the jewelry of long ago??

Recreate it into another piece. A piece with memory of the past.

I love taking old brooches and adding them to a necklace, old earrings become charms for bracelets and chains are woven into new necklaces with ribbon.
You can add fabric flowers, old buttons, beads from broken necklaces, old lace........it is endless of what you can do.

No comments: